Sunday 30 December 2007

2008, The backdrop

I returned to school on the 28th of December 2007 for our AGM. All was normal, still I approached it with much apprehension and uncertainty.

I knew I was going to fell shaky but didn't know it affected me that much. Me eldest son is coming in as a Primary 1 student this 2008. I requested to go down to the Primary 2 level to somehow hold his hand for at least a year. I am a lot more comfortable teaching the upper primary levels, at least from P3 onwards, but now I am stuck with only P1s and P2s. It's another learning curve for me. Which reminds me of a song from honk - "What's the joy of motherhood (fatherhood)?"

Well they announced that I will be the level coordinator for P2 in 2008, which is well and fine. But the 2 arrow came my way when it was announced that I am going to be the English Representative for the P2 level as well. That is bad. Usually only 1 person will hold 1 post not two. And in 2008 we have 3 individuals who are doing this dual post, without extra pay! Sigh. I asked whenever I had the chanced that day if it was a mistake but apparently not. They are short of man-power. Sigh. Ya right. Shortage of man-power in a school staff strength of 120? You gotta be kidding me. Talking about whipping the willing horse. What to do, "all man are equal but some are more equal than the others. Four legs good, two legs bad."

No comments: