Wednesday 24 October 2007

Physiotherapy Trouble

Mom was discharged from TTSH on Monday. I was supposed to pick her up. So I rescheduled my appointments so that I can be there at the agreed time, 5 pm. at 4.30pm she called up and told me that her friend is with her and she wants to come out. I was in the middle of a meeting and so I couldn't talk too long. So I instructed her to get all the necessary documents and instructions before she left for home. And she agreed

At about 5 my wife came to pick me up and we went to have dinner.

It was later that I found out that she was sent home without a referral letter for physiotherapy, or another appointment for the doc!!!. i mean she can't even walk properly!!!

Today I just brought her to the Polyclinic to see the doc and see what he can do. He referred us to level 3 where there is a day care for the elderly, with physiotherapy. Not physiotherapy only! i mean why she want a day care when she just got out of the working "prison" (retired) not too long ago.

So we went back to the doc and he wrote a letter for a physiotherapy at ttsh. And the earliest appointment date is 13 nov. I mean that's like in 3 weeks time.!! So I got fedup and called TTSH Ward 10A to yell. And finally after much ding dong, we got a physiotherapy session appointment next week 31 october. Sigh. Talk about much to do about an appointment.

No comments: